Puritan Belief

The Puritans are the men of God who started in the 16th century building on the purity of the gospel message that Salvation is by Grace alone.

Great Things Jesus Has Done

Scripture doesn't have the exact phrase "Jesus is God" nor does it have the phrase "Jesus is the Father".

It is only by revelation that you can truly know your God and Heavenly Father. This newly born believer got it:

Return home and tell how much God has done for you." So the man went away and told all over town how much Jesus had done for him. Luke 8:39

No confusion from this man. Here is another example: Ten Leprous Men and the Glory

Add Your Comment(5)

Great Things Jesus Has Done
Posted by Correy Wednesday, October 11, 2006

5 Comments:

Blogger Modern Day Magi said...

PB,

Jesus is, as Thomas said, "My Lord and my God!" AMEN!

However, the Bible does not say that Jesus is His Father because He is not, it is that simple. This omission is in no way similar to the exact phrase "Jesus is God" being omitted from the Bible.

I will shout again, Jesus is my Lord and my God AMEN!

MDM

October 11, 2006 6:49 PM   Edit
Blogger Correy said...

Magi:
You shout a cliche that Jesus is Lord and God. For you have denied the truth which is in Jesus saying he is not the Father and consequently no Lord worthy of worship.

Jesus says: "I praise you Father Lord of heaven and earth that you have hidden these things from the wise (Magi)..." Matt 11:25

Thomas bowed down and worshiped the Lord of heaven and earth saying "My Lord and My God"

If Jesus is not this Lord of heaven and earth then you may as well be worshiping the Lord Mayor.

October 17, 2006 9:11 AM   Edit
Blogger Samantha said...

PB-

Have you ever considered that you might be wrong? (I consider I might be wrong all the time....)

It is possible, isn't it?

October 17, 2006 1:24 PM   Edit
Blogger Correy said...

Samantha it is imperative that you know the truth about who God is. May I suggest going to Jesus so that you know with certainty firsthand and no longer have to be double minded about what you believe.

October 18, 2006 11:35 AM   Edit
Blogger Samantha said...

PB-

I will tell you with 99.9% certainty that your view of God is not at all the God of the bible, but a god of your own imagination.

I could be wrong on some doctrines, because I am not perfect. Why would I claim perfection when Jesus Himself wouldn't even claim perfection?

We are being sanctified. That doesn't mean perfection, does it.

October 20, 2006 3:56 AM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Puritan Belief