Puritan Belief

The Puritans are the men of God who started in the 16th century building on the purity of the gospel message that Salvation is by Grace alone.

Having not Seen

Jesus is described for us like this:
Having Not Seen
ye love; in whom though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory. 1 Peter 1:8

Brotherly Kindness
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned/sincere love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again. 1 Peter 1:22-23

Destruction of things that are seen.
The joy of the Lord shall be our strength which is found in things not seen. Things that are seen can be destroyed. We can see a house and as such we can tear it to the ground, same as with our brethren.

Impossible to destroy
Therefore with unveiled faces/eyes beholding the Lord we are being transformed from glory to glory just as from the Lord the Spirit who is unseen and will never be torn down. A Christian is defined simply because they have a love of the truth namely Jesus who is unseen.

Our Brother
Jesus is our brother and we are called sons of God. We know that when He shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see Him as He is. (1 Jn 3:2)

Add Your Comment(3)

Having not Seen
Posted by Correy Wednesday, April 19, 2006

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Pendleton said...

Hey Puritan!

Ya know, I was concerned when you took off for a bit. I checked daily here to see if you were back. When I noticed you were I tried posting a welcome back/happy easter message but your comments were turned off.

I wrote Magi an e-mail and asked him to express these things to you. I left a message on my own site hoping you would come by and read it. I placed a message in your last post wishing you the best but you didn't say a word.

Was there something I have done wrong? Should I too remove your link from my site which I have never done?

April 19, 2006 8:42 PM   Edit
Blogger Correy said...

Was there something I have done wrong?

No not at all Michael I have always appreciated your comments/thoughts and consider you a great Man Of God.

What I have read from you since I got back was your comment yesterday which said:

"Hmmmmm....Is this going to work?"

Which I didn't understand so I just left it. Please feel free to Contact Me by Email anytime.

I added your link back to this site because you seem to want it kept here.

Best regards

April 20, 2006 10:01 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I've been following your site for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Humble Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the excellent work!

Visit my blog post read what he said

February 20, 2013 11:32 AM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Puritan Belief